< Return back to help choices for Epson L486 MEAF
- Make sure the latest version of Epson Scan and Epson Event Manager for your product is installed.
- Open Epson Scan.
- Once Epson Scan is open click the Scan button, this confirms that the scanner and the computer are connected correctly.
- Close Epson Scan.
- If you are using a Windows operating system expand the section below.
- Hold down the Windows key and R on your keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the Run box.
- Click the Startup tab. Windows Vista/7, Windows 8/10
- Restart your computer.
Make sure your Firewall or Antivirus software is not blocking Epson Event manager.
Follow the steps below to add an exception for Epson Event Manager in your firewall.
- If you are using Windows Firewall refer to How to add exceptions to the Windows Firewall
- If you are using alternative firewall software refer to How to add firewall exceptions
If you are using a network-capable All-In-Ones on a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network (Wi-Fi), you will need to make sure that the check box beside Enable Network Scan is ticked in the Network Scan Settings dialog box.
3. Tick Enable Network Scan
4. Click OK
5. Click Close
Once these checks have been completed, try the Push-Scan feature again.